The C891F-K9 is one of the 890 Series of integrated services routers. It can provide Internet access, security, voice services, Metro Ethernet support, and advanced IP services for up to 50 users. It accepts both 1,000-Mbps Gigabit Ethernet and 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet connections. The router also includes a backup V.92 analog modem interface and ISDN Basic Rate Interface (BRI) if the primary Ethernet-access WAN is disconnected.
Benefits for Organizations
This router can connect an organization's remote offices and teleworkers to a secure virtual private network (VPN).
- Configuration tools: The web-based Cisco Configuration Professional configuration tool simplifies deployment, management, and troubleshooting through smart wizards and task-based tutorials. The tool requires no knowledge of the included Cisco IOS software's command-line interface. With Virtual LAN (VLAN) support, you can move computers to another location without reconfiguring them.
- Wired LAN connectivity: The eight-port 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet managed switch provides connections for multiple devices. It has the ability to designate a port as the network demilitarized zone (DMZ).
- Security features: The router provides comprehensive security through an intrusion prevention system (IPS) firewall and a stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall. It also provides dynamic routing and advanced quality of service (QoS) features.
- Remote access: The router provides 50 IPsec VPN tunnels if you are running Cisco IOS Software Release 15.3(3)M or later.
- Advanced IP services: Advanced IP services include support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), allowing for IPv6 multicast, addressing architecture, name resolution, statistics, translation, DHCP, and IPsec over IPv6 connections.
- Metro Ethernet support:The 890 series routers' two onboard WAN interfaces, one Gigabit Ethernet WAN port and one Fast Ethernet WAN port, support the high-bandwidth demands of Metro Ethernet deployments.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When TechSoup approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Cisco will deliver your product within eight weeks. For details, see The Cisco Donation Program page.
- AC input voltage/frequency:
- 100 to 240 V
- 50 to 60 Hz
- Environmental constraints:
- Nonoperating temperature: -4 to 149°F (-20 to 65°C)
- Nonoperating humidity: 5 to 95 percent relative humidity (noncondensing)
- Nonoperating altitude: 0 to 15,000 feet (0 to 4,570 meters)
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Operating/storage relative humidity: 10 to 85 percent relative humidity (noncondensing)
- Operating altitude: 0 to 10,000 feet (0 to 3,000 meters)